Sunday, May 31, 2009

226 and a Noon Start to the Day

Hey hey!

2 weekend posts! What is happening?!? I'm supposed to be outside when the good weather rolls around! Well, one minute inside and then an hour out in the sun. That's the way to do it.

Sunday and sunny. Played 6 hours of sand volleyball last night, starting at 4pm! 2 on 2 all the way up to 4 on 5. My sand legs are still on back order, but my passing has improved. Just gotta get wayyyy down close to the ground, bending my knees to more effectively absorb the impact of the first serve. As Yoda often reminded Luke: "Control. Control. You MUST learn control!" As with Jedi, so with volleyball...

226 and no surprise. 6 hours of beer and then 2 drive-thrus (White Castle and McDonald's) at near midnight. Blech. I'm at the office now (2pm) and I'm leaving at 3:30 to get in a nice long, deliberate workout. 90 minutes of cardio and then a full rotation of weights (9 machines). 219 is on my mind. Under 220 is the weight where I start thinking about new jeans and smaller waist sizes. Under 220 is a great place to be. Under 220... now we're cooking with gas!

Take care!
Frank

No comments: