Monday, June 1, 2009

226.5 (49.5) Serves Me Right for Being Organized

Good afternoon and Feliz Lunes, and even... Greetings from June 1st!

I've been getting progressively lighter at the start of every week in May. The trend has even continued into June.

5/11: 230.5#
5/18: 229.5#
5/26: 228#
6/1: 226.5#

Thank goodness I jot down my day's weight in our weekly staff meetings... makes it easy to see a month in a glance. Last Thursday and Friday I had raced down to 221.... and with 226 to start the week, well, it's just nice to see a general downwards trend. I know how it happens, but separating the emotions from the simple math... that continues to be a challenge.

Monday sand volleyball starts tonight, just in time to interfere with our Monday indoor playoffs! blech! 6:30 quarterfinals (indoor), and 3 of my 4 sand players are indoors (myself included). The sand team rallied and found 3 subs for the 7:10 match (so Laura wouldn't be on the sand alone). And then today was a comedy of Keystone Capers proportions when our schedule changed to a 6:30 sand start, and then changed back to the (original) 7:10 first game! Normally I procrastinate and so these little hiccoughs would correct themselves, but no, not this time! To untangle this lil knot translated to 5 emails and 3 texts to the whole team over the course of 4 hours. That's my punishment for being organized (and for flirting with the league coordinator, Jessica!). I'm on friendly terms with Jess, so naturally my team is the one that is bumped back and forth in the time slots.

Anyone see a pattern? How is it that I entangle myself with all these women and have nothing of value to show for it? I'm interested in the wrong women, or my strategy is flawed. Broccoli I understand. Relationships, not so much. Although ACTUALLY, this an ideal situation for asking Jessica out. My best dates are those that come from a humorous start. Hmmm... patience is my watchword. The single life is starting to agree with me, as if colors are returning to my everyday world (it's now almost 13 months since the divorce).

Alright. Back to formula. new plan: relax and laugh a little more. This is all "Much Ado About Nothing!" (Thanks Will!) These are truly... nice problems to have.

Take care! Have a good night! Cross your fingers for no rain. Thunderstorms (are) expected!
Frank

p.s. great workout this morning! Only 30 minutes of cardio, but solid numbers on the weights. My workout gloves really put me in the right mindset to push through my limitations on the weightlifting.

No comments: