Friday, May 29, 2009

221 (44) Broccoli Breath and Weekend Confirmed

Good morning!

For a quick recap, the first number in my title is my current weight (in pounds). The second number, in parentheses, is the amount of weight left to lose in order to achieve the (ideal) mid-range weight of 177 pounds. Online sources agree that a funny, good-looking (humble) and brainy 6'4" white male should weigh around 177 (and no more than 204). The exercise continues.

so.... where were we? ahh yes... GOOD MORNING!

man, the broccoli today.... is very... broccoli'ish. aka: potent aftertaste. Yum yum. Perhaps I should try steaming it occasionally. well... the bachelor that I am comes prepared with mouthwash at hand (one never knows when lovely ladies will appear at your elbow). Such is the nature of wily women.

Hey hey! 2 days of 221! I've held the weight ("Stay on target!") for 24 hours! Excellent! Not without help. 7 games of sand volleyball last night (I lost all 7, but had such a fun time playing! crazy!), asleep after midnight, and somehow found my way into the gym for an exceptional workout this morning (45 minutes on the elliptical, 8 minutes of very fast running on the treadmill, and then 30 minutes of solid weight lifting). Good stuff. I'm feeling strong, lean, and ready for the weekend. (side note: It's so funny how clothes can firm up the mindset. When I wear my weight-lifting gloves, I feel unstoppable.)

When the weekends roll around, I'm a bit "off the ranch", so to speak. I can control my diet in the office very effectively (I eat what I bring). It's a structured environment and there are lots of interesting distractions. 2 free days, however.... yeah, that can be a problem. I'm concerned. So... plan and scheme. In an hour (lunchtime) I'm going to give careful consideration to the food I'll have this weekend. Face it. The pizza is good, but I have little to no self control, so I'm better avoiding it and having an excellent salad instead. I've adopted a "scorched earth" policy when it comes to my favorite foods. Until I can demonstrate some self disclipine, I won't let myself near them.

Life is good today. I'm feeling balanced and at peace.

Have a great weekend! Get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather. mid-70s and not too buggy yet. Remember, these are the days we DREAM about as we're nestled under feet of snow in the oddly blue-white haze of December twilight.

Take care,
Frank

No comments: