Monday, May 11, 2009

230.5 (53.5) and a shocking new number

I have 7 siblings. One of my brothers is an excellent data collector. Dan was showing me his extensive charts on weight loss, and I learned last night that while I've been aiming for 195, the ideal "middle range" weight for 6'4" individuals is actually 177! (204 being the max, 160.? being lowest).

So... after a weekend of very sketchy journaling, and poor food choices on Sunday (grilled chicken tacos from Taco Bell), Monday started with a mind-numbing headache and a starting weight of 230.5. I managed a regular morning workout, including weights, but my intensity was lacking on the elliptical. 3.55 miles in 50 minutes.... that's about 75% of my typical effort. ..... I'm glad I was in the gym. I'll refocus for better effort tomorrow morning.

Aiming for better balance in my personal life, too. I'm so incredibly hasty when it comes to the most important things in my life, and I often regret my rash actions. I opened my silly mouth on Friday morning, and spent the next 2 days regretting my incomplete declarations. To my great surprise and relief, my friend wrote me back on Sunday. I'm blessed to be surrounded by people with better sense and a longer view. Spirit lifted, the weekend ended on a much better note than it began. Patience, careful analysis, and an open heart.

That's all I have for today. Broccoli and spinach and cucumber and chicken panini this morning. I hope you're well. Spring is here, and the weather's getting better and better.

Take care,
Frank

No comments: