Thursday, May 21, 2009

223.5 (46.5) Summer (almost) Confirmed!

Good morning!

9:15 and sunny and 80 degrees in Chicagoland! Seriously! What could be better???

(... watching the waves roll in along a black rock Hawaiian beach at sunrise WOULD be better... hmmm, I'll let you know within the year).

So... the climb to 223 continues, and we're nearly there! I've had 2 days of 223.5 in a row! This is fantastic and a total surprise. What's different about the last couple of days? I've kept my late night foraging down to a minimum, and the morning workouts/nightly volleyball have been much more consistent than usual. (shrug) I keep picturing a glass (body). Exercise, volleyball, good sleep, smart nutrional choices, breathing exercises and limiting stress becomes the water that fills the glass. Mostly the glass gets.... 90% full, and then recedes. The moment it overflows, that's when the weight loss kicks in. The message? Push through my limitations every day. It's just a LITTLE MORE on top of the regular effort that'll yield results (the whipped cream on the sundae). The other message? I'm a sucker for analogies. Artist background, I suppose. :) Speaking of which, new sketch pages to come, and soon! Thanks for being patient.

Plyometrics are next! With all the volleyball and friendly coaching from my teammates, I'm showing improvement with smart hitting and blocking at the net, but the power in my spikes has disappeared. I feel slow. Plyometrics, and the development of "quick twitch" muscles this summer is my best 'next step'. Three summer sand leagues should build up my leg muscles and give me a chance to get faster. Yeah, it's shaping up to be a promising summer!

Pools open this Saturday! Lazy river, here I come. I've been meditating more these days (praying, too), so why not combine those practices with an inner tube, a winding waterway, a summer breeze and a good tan? C'mon summer... you're so close to us....

Alright, back to work! Take care, and as always, thanks for reading. One more early morning workout (tomorrow), and my fingers are crossed for a subject line that starts "223!"

Take care! If you can't get out today, at LEAST crack open a window. It's positively beautiful out there!

Frank

No comments: