Friday, May 22, 2009

225 (48) A Good Start To the Weekend

Good afternoon!

Here we are, Sunset and Camden!

I weighed in at 225 pounds on a sunny Friday afternoon.  The holiday weekend is here.  140 minutes left in the work day, and taking a moment to log in today.  48 pounds to go to reach my goal of 177!  6'4" and 177.  I can't quite picture it in my mind yet, but I'm going to imagine it each night, summon it from the ether, make it real.  First the illusion, and then the reality.

So... I'm okay with 225.  I hoped for 223 (after the good numbers earlier this week), but a beer after volleyball kicked off some LATE NIGHT snacking, which translated to groggy and sluggish in the morning.  I put my time in at the gym, but no records were broken (except the number of yawns).  I'm pleased with the overall numbers and I've got my sights set on a weekend of smart nutritional choices.  Yes, there's always the chance that I'll binge on the weekends, but the triggers (for a food meltdown) are nowhere in sight (heartache, stress, late nights, bad sitcoms).  Instead I'm looking at a 30 mile bike ride on Sunday, time at the pool on Saturday, volleyball and friends on Sunday and Monday.  Good times, and hopefully a nap under a tree, too.  

Heard from a lot of high school friends this last week.  Facebook has been a surprisingly good personal assistant.  Friends from the past.  It's turned into a very interesting month.

Yes.  I'm feeling at peace today.  My friend put my mind and heart at ease with her well-timed text message Wednesday morning.  I like to think I'm a romantic fool, but I suspect that I'm really just a fool.  (smiling thoughtfully)  I think there's room for a good friendship with her in the months ahead.  I hope she becomes a part of my life.

Have a great weekend!  Thanks for reading!
Frank

No comments: