Tuesday, May 19, 2009

226.5 (49.5) So... What's for Life?

Good morning!

My coworker and I have worked together for over 10 years now. We have thrived where few others were able to take root. Strange plants are we.

10 years means lots of routine around here. One standard conversation is "So, what's for lunch?" The earlier the question is asked, the hungrier the inquisitor is. By the way, today I have nothing in particular for lunch. I have some turkey chili, a juice smoothie, saltine crackers and Granny Smith apples. Interesting diet. I call it "Cabinet Buffet".

So today's title is a nice play on that (daily) question. My divorce was just about a year ago, and I feel like I'm ready to fly out of this holding pattern I've been in for the last 3 months. This is going to be exciting. More to come as the plan crystallizes, although today's mission is to draw up my budget for the rest of the year. That'll help me with the next question: do I stay, do I rent, dare I buy?

226.5 this morning! Woke up to my 3rd alarm at 4:40 (When the Saints Go Marching In) and for a 2nd day in a row (woo hoo!) I was at the gym when it opened. I felt like I was on auot-pilot yesterday, but today was a strong day. 30 minutes of good elliptical, and then 4 weight machines for the full 15-12-8-10 rep cycle (15 reps of my standard weights, 12 of the next heaviest weight, 8 for the NEXT heaviest weight, and then 10 for the same weight as the 12 rep). I feel good, strong, a little tired, and ready for the day.

I'm going to make another run for 223 this week! I've got a good shot at it, too, with gym every morning and volleyball through Thursday night. I need to curb the late night foraging and I should be good to go!

It's sunny out there today. Blue skies and light clouds. There's a rumor of 80+ degress tomorrow. It's more than welcome! Memorial Day is a week away, and I'm ready to hit the pools and water parks. C'mon, warm(er) weather!

Take care! Get out and enjoy this springtime weather!
Woody

No comments: