Wednesday, June 10, 2009

(225.5) (223) (224.5) Sketching again







Good morning! I'm sketching again! And we're busy at work. Weight has "stabilized" around 224 and the daily workouts are very welcome. I still love raw broccoli and spinach in the morning, and I've made strides to improve on the late evening foraging (feeling about 85% successful).
I've started wearing a heart rate monitor to keep an eye on the estimated daily caloric burn. VERY interesting. Lesson: EXERCISE! It rips the calories off you (i.e. 5100 calorie burn Monday, 3100 yesterday, and today, only 646 in the last 5 hours). My BMR appears to be around 2800 (crazy!), so I've got a really solid opportunity to watch my intake and up the output for some serious weight loss!
Oh yeah! My last girlfriend has kind of gone crazy. She keeps emailing me... first a sweet&creepy email saying: "...been thinking about you non-stop for the last 3 months and wouldn't it be great to get back together even though you've moved on...", and then, after I sent a short but direct note ("I've moved on"), she sends me my first truly (no other word for it) venomous email... a real 180 degree-flip! It was incredibly nasty and hurtful. Amazing! So one of my quick sketches is supposed to be me, looking over my shoulder. I am, actually. I KNOW there are obsessive and disturbed people out there, but who would've thought I had actually DATED one? I shall continue running with the added spur of possibly having to outrun this particular woman in the future. Feets Don't Fail Me Now!
Lunchtime! Gotta go! Hope you like my first attempts. I'll be adding them daily, and with luck I'll retrain my hand to translate what I see in my mind.
Title of sketches:
1. STALKER? (not my best "over the shoulder/worried" glance)
2. APPEALING SNACK (har har)
3. I Have NO IDEA What to Draw!
also, thanks to Sarah (Twin 1) and Nick for being patiently insistent that I keep drawing.
Take care!
Frank

3 comments:

Sarah Satrun said...

yay! DRAWINGS! :D

Mika said...

I just found your blog today and I like it! Being a graphic designer myself I really enjoy your sketches! I'll keep following your posts and enjoying what's to come! Good job!

Frank said...

Thanks! I am SO LUCKY I had 2 friends offer me the encouragement (and friendly "reminders") to start drawing again. It's been so much fun... like adding color back into a summer day. More (and hopefully better) to come!