Tuesday, June 2, 2009

222 (45) The Elusive Number!

It's Peach Season! Delicious! Even better than the yogurt set aside as my mid-afternoon snack!

Hi there! Just a quick minute to check in. Super busy at work today. It's 2pm and I have 7 "Must Happen" items on my list (usually at this time I have, about 3). Thank goodness I'm focused and well fed.

Solid workout this morning. Added "interval training" to my elliptical routine. Proved I was dogging it on the machines... the miles and calories weren't adding up. Jillian Michaels suggested the following high-intensity cardio workout: 30 second all-out sprint, 30 second recovery. Then add 15 seconds to each (45 sprint, 45 recovery). Add 15 seconds each time, building all the way to a 90 second sprint, followed by a 90 second recovery. Then pyramid back down to 30 seconds. And then repeat the whole cycle! Man! My heartrate shot up right away! and the miles! I managed just over 5 miles in 45 minutes, with 760 calories burned! Sweet! Those are the kinds of numbers I saw last year, when I was going all out, every morning, in the height of a very stressful time (divorce). The stress is gone. I've found a way to recreate the workout. Sweat-drippingly excellent!

and 222 on the scale this morning! Thank goodness! I ate some very late ice cream last night (slathered in butterscotch and chocolate sauces, whipped cream and sprinkles! Hey, go big or go home, I say!). Ron (from The Biggest Loser) said it best when he said: "What was the occasional must now become the constant, and what was constant before must now be very rare" (referring to exercise, nutrition and junk food).

Have a great day! The sun just appeared (it's been gloomy all day), and I hope it remains relatively nice for tonight's late night sand volleyball match. The nutritional challenge today... I'll be at a bar. I think I'll go for a rum and coke and a grilled chicken sandwich (with fruit instead of fries). The hard liquor is better than beer, but I'm not fooling myself. I better nurse that drink til gametime.

222! The number we've waited for! Next stop.... 219! Maybe if I just order an ice tea instead...

See ya!
Frank

No comments: