Monday, June 15, 2009

226 (49) A Full Rich Day

"Always and Never are not words for men. You'll be returning again and again."

Ningauble of the Seven Eyes or Sheelba of the Eyeless Face (Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser)


Good Afternoon!

This is one of my favorite quotes. It applies to my weight loss efforts, most especially in the springtime afternoon of a Monday at work. So often I seem to lose ground on Mondays on the scale, weighing heavier than the previous Friday. I must be twice as vigilant on the weekends, journaling and exercising conscientously, with the knowledge that my schedule is much looser on Saturdays and Sundays, and opportunities to make poor decisions are much more frequent. Perhaps I need to create a schedule for myself, mostly so that I don't fall victim to the moment (the food in front of me, etc.).

Anyways, I hope you're well. I managed 1 sketch over the weekend ("Conjured Summer") and that was Friday evening! I have ideas for 5 more renderings, and will be working on them shortly. It was a full, rich weekend, but I neglected to make time for drawing. I guess I'm easing back into it slower than I thought. Perhaps I'll draw this afternoon and add a quick sketch to this post in a few hours. It's become a nice addition to my maunderings.

So, tonight will be fun! I'll go for a quick sprint after work (1 mile), followed by sand volleyball (4s). Can't wait! The work day is busy but it's slow at the moment. I need to bring water, Gatorade and snacks to the match tonight (especially SCOOBY SNACKS) as we're trying to build a sense of camaraderie and fun. Do Fruit Roll-Ups build strong relationships? lol... guess I'll find out!

Take care! Talk to you soon!

Oh yes... I chose to sleep in this morning instead of work out. I will be consistent on morning workouts for the rest of this week! It's summer, not summer vacation!

Frank

No comments: