Friday, January 15, 2010

(weight unknown) I could've been an 80's rock lyricist

"My efforts are half-hearted and wasted. I give in to despair and float on an ocean of pain under a melting sun. Hope is a cool blue raft upon which I lie, eyes closed and dreaming of rain."

wow. Solid gold lyrics there. ha! So Life squirts lemon juice in your eye. Or as Jillian says... flat tire? Don't slash the other three....fix the flat and move on!

Good Afternoon! I hope this Friday finds you well.

I'm at the keyboard, about to take the dogs for a walk (my roommate has 2 of the best lab mixes out there), and my schedule is upside down today. Dinner last night ran til 11pm. The next thing I knew I was asleep on the couch at my sister's house. Dragging my sorry self home at 3am, I went back to sleep (missing the morning workout) and then went in to my old office to solve a printer problem. Yes, the place that downsized me right before Christmas... called and asked for help. (I'm unsure who I'm angrier with, them for calling, or me for responding). I was there at 9:45 with donuts, an honest smile, and the goal to be out of there before too long. I felt like a ghost, seeing my old life a month after I'd died. But I was a genuinely happy ghost. So, I'm a fool. But at least it's true to my nature.

Trainer at 3 today. Left elbow still sore. My engine is revving but I'm in neutral (possibly in Park). How does a person narrow their focus down to a laser's point? Love, hope, energy, faith, excitement, anger, talent and LIFE! Channeled correctly, the power to move mountains, yet right now, positively crackling with potential (without direction).

I think a conscious decision to relax and stand ready. Yes, that's a start.

A friend reminded me of the pain and suffering and loss in the world. I'm winging my thoughts and prayers out to the survivors of the earthquake in Haiti. Not much, but a start.

Thanks for listening.
Less turbulence in a bit...

Woody


No comments: