Thursday, January 21, 2010

216 and Fully Hydrated! (aka: the Loneliest Workout, the Best Sleep)

Hey hey, good morning!

Something is in the air. Nearly everyone I've spoken with today is in a good mood! I love these chance moments, like we're all gears, and we've all just aligned for awhile, in synch, meshed beautifully, eyes shining and hopeful.

I slept the sleep of the very innocent last night, awake and alert at the first alarm. My roommate's puppy, Maddie, was nestled by my feet and quite content to be gently pet for a few minutes. A slow and steady rising to the surface of wakefulness is an ideal start to my day.

Made it to the gym early! 4:15 and time to visit my friend Jim, working the front counter. We enjoyed catching up (my early morning appearances have been inconsistent this week), and a few minutes later I was on the first machine of the day, an elliptical that has been a long time favorite.

Best laid plans.... so I was early on the ONE DAY when my two workout friends did NOT make it to the gym! Mitch is nursing a post-vacation cold and Richard was on his 2nd cup of "I'm not working out today" coffee when he answered my text. Ugh! Narcissist that I am (business card is a mirror, ha ha), how can they point out my marvelousness if they're not there to compliment the early arrival?

You know, it's time I let go of the whole "me, me, look at me" mentality. It's an old outfit that no longer suits me. The laws of Nature will support this in favor of my goal to be more service-oriented....create a vacuum in your life, and the Universe will rush in to fill the void. :)

Today is shaping up to be full and rich with varied characters throughout the coming hours. Laundry to walk, puppies to fold, salad to shred, paperwork to eat, and then a call with my coach, racquetball with a friend, dinner with family and hopefully lots and lots of laughter along the way. I also need to update my resume again and apply for more job openings. I have no doubt there'll be lots of great emails today, and with luck, some good insight. I like coffee, but I LOVE insights.

I'm lucky and blessed for all that's come into my life. Thanks for being part of that.

Take care! May today be a mix of luck and humor for you!
Frank


p.s. I swam into the wall yesterday in the first 25 yards of swim class (triathlon training). So focused on breathing, keeping hips up, shoulders down, kicking gently and thinking smooth thoughts.... I swam right smack dab into the edge of the pool, headfirst! Ouch! And yet, weren't we just on the topic of physical injuries (clumsiness) being one of the best elements for humor? It was worth the all-day headache to be able to laugh about it today.

No comments: