Thursday, January 14, 2010

221 and The Sleeper Must Awaken! (Dune)

Good Morning and Fond Greetings!

I've missed you a great deal, and yet for all that, you never felt far away.

Good heavens, where to start?

I live a lucky and blessed life, and I try daily to model Isaac Singer's protagonist in the classic story "Gimpel the Fool". A loving heart, quick to laugh, slow to anger, flexible in life, sincere in forgiveness and ever ready to live in expectancy. Sometimes I even make progress in these goals! :)

It helps to be surrounded by loving family and wonderful friends.

My heart expands as my eyes open wide and Life beckons.

And it's January. Happy New Year! ha ha, have you noticed how I'm stalling for time? I feel guilty for posting so infrequently. My apologies (for the delay, and the guilt).

So.... The Sleeper Must Awaken. Great line from a great movie (Frank Herbert's DUNE). It has resonance with me. I feel as if I've been asleep for so long, and now I'm waking to discover strength, purpose, life, laughter, color in the world. Thank goodness.

The workouts continue. 2 and a half hours each morning, and I'm lucky to share time with my friends Mitch and Richard at the gym. I can count on them to be on the ellipticals each morning at 4:30, and to text me at 5:20 if I haven't appeared yet. Ellipticals, stationary bikes, treadmills, stair climbers, weight resistance and thorough stretching ensue, along with laughter and interesting conversations. 7am sees me in the pool, working on "swimming downhill" for the most efficient swim stroke possible. I feel strong and fast and alert and energized. One sore elbow, but that's coming along, too.

2010 will be a year for triathlons and multi-sport competitions.

I lost my job at the end of December. 13 years as a graphic designer. The rest of my life to follow other dreams.

Thank goodness for family, friends, full schedules and prayer.

I've never had a problem talking. I hope I can become a better listener.

last thought today: if anything matters, then everything matters.

Take care! More to come! As always, thank you for reading, and thank you for your good thoughts.

Frank

No comments: