Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hope, Regret and Nachos!


218 (41)! What a great number! Gotta love 218! I'm typing this line as I munch on some late night spinach, almonds and water! This is both my dinner and my defense against the ice-cream waiting for me at my parent's house tonight! There's an impromptu family party to bid 'adieu' to a cousin flying back to Spain tomorrow morning! As soon as I finish this note, I'll be off like a herd of turtles to get to the party!


So.... Hope.
Ever want to laugh and cry at the same moment? Mix in feelings of balance, calm and joy. That's been the last few days, weeks and (yes) months! (smiling)
Regret.
The time it took to get to this point in my life. The pain and hurt caused, clinging to emptiness, loss and confusion. A turmoil of noise and doubt swirling inside my head. Into the Storm, indeed.
Nachos.
Not much to say about nachos. You either love them or not. I found the best ones at Alumni Club in Schaumburg.... I recommend the combo, large! Order a 3-1-2 and watch some great volleyball! As much as I love spinach, some crispy nachos piled high with melted cheese, chicken and tomatoes....mmmmmmmmm!
Alright...the spinach is eaten, the broccoli enjoyed. Gonna fill up the water bottle and hit the highway!
I'm thinking of you, and hoping you're well! Until next time....
Frankie
p.s. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Catherine Satrun said...

Yay for 218!!!! I'm so happy for you!! Congrats again!

Mika said...

Pain, hurt, emptiness, loss and confusion. I've learned that it is the big feelings, the big storms in life that will make us change and grow. I now am pretty much thankful for all the storms that have shaken up my life within a few years. Grateful because I have found myself (never knew before that I ever was lost), as well as feel a stronger connection to life itself.

Thanks for your posts, always like them a lot!