Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(229) and Soaring High

(my prayer for the day)

Good afternoon, my friend!

It's been much too long. Sit down by the fire, warm your hands and have a cup of tea as we break bread and enjoy each other's company.

It is SO GOOD to be alive, isn't it? I find myself with 24 days until my first marathon and feeling newly focused on the daily running goals (10 miles tonight). I'm one day into a (mostly) plant-based diet with the intent to be a better steward of the body I've been entrusted. I'm overjoyed that I'm writing again! It's lunchtime, and that means crisp spinach, red peppers, rice and beans (along with some chicken; this is a careful transition from my old ways).

in a larger view...
I find myself with more challenges and less money, an unknown future yet greater faith. It's a wonderful combination. For through God all things are possible, and inviting Jesus to indwell within us, why, that just opens up eternity! No wonder I'm laughing so much these days. I feel like the Holy Spirit has just been waiting for me to open the door. Why do we give so much of ourselves over to Fear? No longer... I have recognized my ego and its limitations. I choose instead to soar through the skies, free and light and alive.

And so here I sit, faithful, content, at ease, and also refreshed, renewed and restored. It's going to be a lovely life, lived with eyes and heart wide open.

Thank you. My life is so much more interesting with you in it. More to come.
Frank

No comments: