Wednesday, May 4, 2011

(228.5#) The Sun is Shining Everywhere

Good morning!

There are some things in Life that are completely worth the price.  I love the opportunities to trade a few hours of sleep for reconnecting with friends and family, sharing laughter and relationship.  And the cost?  A couple zzzzs, a rush to get to work in the morning (with a quick face scrub in the sink instead of a shower), and a promise to "get better" on this whole getting to work/balancing Life thing.

Life is good, and I'm feeling both lucky and blessed.  Money is tight but the constriction around my heart has loosened (a poetic constriction, that is). 

The marathon is 11 days, and I finally feel ready.  I managed to find my way back onto a course of training that feels right for me, and 3 days ago I ran my longest training run of 20 miles.  Took 4 hours and 45 minutes.  I stretched a lot, drank a lot, listened to a lot of music, ran past two full Little League games, prayed and offered gratitude to God and found my way forward again.  I've got 26.2 miles within me.  I not only believe that now, but I OWN it.  :)

Have a great day!  We're alive, and we've been blessed with this opportunity.  Make the most of it.

Frank

No comments: