Tuesday, May 10, 2011

(229.5#) 117 Hours Until the Marathon

GOOD MORNING!!!!


Spring is here, and my heart cries out with elation and joy!


Seriously, this is one of the best payoffs for living in the Midwest.... spring and summer!!!  We're 20 days til the pools open, 5 days til the marathon, and RIGHT NOW for good weather!!!


I hope this note finds you well.  I'm on a mission... I'm cleaning house (internally) and knocking out everything on my immediate to-do lists.  I'm focused at work and I'm reconnecting with friends and loved ones.  I'm praying for my enemies and "sitting in stillness" early in the mornings... listening for God. 

I'll tell you what, I find it EXTREMELY easy to pray, aka: TALKING to God, but it is a challenge for me to meditate, aka: LISTEN to God.  My men's Bible study group has challenged me last night to go to God with an "open hand", offering full submission to His will for the direction of my Life.  Wow.  That's a challenge, for I REALLY like control, and submitting to God would be a conscious release of that control.


It's actually a tougher challenge than the upcoming 26.2 miles.


But I'm willing and ready.


I can't do this alone.


I don't want to do this alone.


I want God in my life as the captain of my soul, and I will happily go where He leads me.  Through Him all things are possible, including the transformation of my wayward soul.


I started this blog because I wanted to lose weight.  Today I'm looking to be released of my heart's heaviest burden, the extreme weight of my ego.


Please Lord, release me from my ego, and release me from my desire for control and independence from You.


Let my life be a living sacrifice for You.


This Sunday's run will be a run of joy and gratitude.  Let every fiber of my being cry out in exultation of your Word!


Mold me, guide me, direct me.  Let my loved ones see Your love shining through me.


Make me a channel of Your peace.


And together, let's run!




Have a great day!  Sketches coming soon!


Frank

No comments: