Tuesday, July 14, 2009

223 Sore Knee Poor Me (character building)

Hello Again!

It's tough to live in fear. Spreads a person too thin. In the immortal words of Tolkien "I feel like jam scraped over too much toast".

Solution: more sleep, morning exercise, a mental spiral of gratitude for all that I am blessed with. Good Lord, I have a lucky life!

Off to see a midnight movie with friends tonight. Before that I'm headed to see my parents, a cousin from Spain, an uncle from Colorado, and assorted siblings. It's family buffet. :)

I'm hours away from seeing my ex-wife, half a day from seeing a long-lost friend, 18 hours from donating blood, 1 hour from hugging my mom! It's been a mere 5 minutes since I've had a surprise email from a lovely friend, and it's been about 15 minutes since I emailed a woman with the most beautiful and endearing chuckle. Cross your fingers for me. My new life has room for love, joy, laughter and hope. Hurl it out, welcome it's return embrace.

I hope you're well. I was in a funk yesterday. Lost my cool. Took some kidlets climbing all over me, a snack pack of Nutter Butters, a spiral of gratitude, some bing cherries and a couple bananas to restore order. All those things and (laughing) a nice text message about 20 seconds ago. I'm such a fool. :)

Take care! Be gentle and easy with yourself until then... (I'll try too)

Frank

No comments: